What to do in summer > Sports and leisure > The Educational Trails > Heritage Trails > Historical Path in Saint-Luc > Post 17. Former Rectory

Post 17. Former Rectory

This structure, which was the home of the parish priest is now a private house.

  Map of St-Luc

From the first efforts in the early nineteenth century, to separate from the mother parish of Vissoie, parishioners of Saint-Luc and Chandolin pledged to build a suitable house for the parish priest.

Inventories of damage occasioned by the fires in 1845 and 1858, report the destruction of the house of the Rectory. When it came to rebuild the second time, the faithful decided on a masonry house. On April 6, 1859, an agreement was made with Peter Albasini of Chalais. The cramps (or keys) are dated 1859.

 

Next post

Continue to the Maison Bourgeoisiale in Saint-Luc.