The St-Jean Mill
The municipality of St-Jean had no stream of their own with a constant and abundant flow and so had to build or purchase watermills on the Gougra or on the Torrent des Moulins (literally the mill stream). In 1780, the municipality bought a mill in the location known as “Martinet”, on the Torrent des Moulins, in Vissoie.
- In 1990 the local council took the first steps towards conserving this witness to the past. In 1991 the mill was transported, without prior dismantling, to the “Prarion” site
Office du Tourisme de Grimentz