Moiry via ferrata
Grimentz - This is graded TD (very difficult) and gives a vertiginous view of the Moiry dam. This extraordinary via ferrata is a must for all experienced aficionados!
The Moiry via ferrata is practicable from the beginning of June to the end of October, depending on the weather conditions. Vehicular access depends on whether or not the road to the Moiry dam is open. Outside these periods, it can be reached on foot (1½ hours’ walk from Grimentz).
- 1st section : D+
- 2nd section : Start - TD+ / Subsequent section - D+ / or new routeF (easy) to the left
- 3rd part : Moderately difficult route to the left
- Escape route : F (leading direct to the Lac de Moiry restaurant)
- Equipment rental at the Lac de Moiry restaurant, and at the "Do-Sports" and "Valsport" sports shops in Grimentz
From the car park at the foot of the dam, follow the road for 150 m, then take the track that goes up on the right to join the starting point of the via ferrata.
- Technical information
- Distance from the car park (at the foot of the dam) : 10min
- Climbing time : 1h30-2h
- Altitude of starting point : 2120m.
- Altitude of finishing point : 2350m.
- Height difference : 230m.
- Return walking time : 10 min. along the road. 30-40 min. along the lane that goes down on the other side of the dam