Mes favoris
Pas de favoris dans votre liste
Finden Sie Ihre Unterkunft, die zu Euch passt:
Entdecken Sie
unsere Region
nach Thema:
FR DE EN
Sie sind hier :  > Activités > POST 4. OLD POST OFFICE

POST 4. OLD POST OFFICE

In 1871, the building housed the post office of Saint-Luc. On resumption of the postal service by the Swiss Confederation, in 1849, a messenger was responsible for the transportation of mail for the Val d’Anniviers.

Hotel development was the reason for the opening of a post office in Saint-Luc. Letters and parcels were transported by mule, from the office of Vissoie, which was opened for the postal depot for all of Anniviers, in 1849.

On November 1, 1871, Pierre Pont, owner of the Hotel Bella Tola, was appointed to run the postal service of St. Luc. Chandolin was attached to Saint-Luc. Pierre Pont took advantage of the creation of an official postal seal to propose “Saint-Luc” as a new address, since Luc was the patron saint of the parish and it would have avoided any misidentification with the village of Luc (part of the town of Ayent, in the Hérens district). His proposal was accepted without any concern for the precise etymology of the name.

>Next post
Retrace your steps and take the path of Fond-Villa.

Nützliche Unterlagen

Kontakt

POST 4. OLD POST OFFICE
3961 St-Luc
Indem Sie die Website weiterhin nutzen, stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies zu, um die Nutzererfahrung zu verbessern und Besucherstatistiken zur Verfügung zu stellen.
Rechtliche Hinweise lesen
OK