Grimentz has a wealth of natural and cultural resources and has put them to good use, offering its guests a range of varied activities: winter sports, hiking in the mountains, sports events, via ferrata, a visit to the Moiry dam, and more. But above all Grimentz is a delight for all those who hanker after the atmosphere of the olden days, who are enchanted by centuries-old buildings - people who like to combine a cultural break with their sporting holidays, and people who look to their holidays as a source of well-being both for body and soul.
Grimentz in figures
- Altitude: 1572 m.
- 23 km from Sierre, 7.5 km from Vissoie and 8 km from Zinal.
- Number of year-round inhabitants: 489
Grimentz in winter
- One skiing area (linked to Zinal, winter 2013-2014)
- Two ski schools
- Snow shoe trails and winter hiking trails
- 11 km of cross-country ski pistes
- Toboggan runs
- Icefall (Mayoux)
- Natural skating rink
Grimentz in summer
Grimentz’s other attractions
- Vin du Glacier
- The mill
- Parcours Historiques de Grimentz (FR)
- The Moiry dam and glacier
- Cup-and-ring stones
- Floral balconies and colourful geraniums
- "Grand Bisse de St-Jean" and "Bisse des Sarrasins"
- The Grand Raid mountain bike race
- Raquettissima snow shoe event